Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Dancing with Unicorns

This story starts last July when I gave up smoking. In January this year I went home to Australia to visit my family; my husband and I decided to treat myself and use some of the money that I had saved to buy a camera. Imagine my surprise when my folks bought the camera for me as a present. Suddenly I had money to burn and greedily went off and bought myself a brand spanking new Apple MacBook!

Actually it starts a long time ago, when a 16 year old was given a SLR camera for her birthday. She fell in love with that camera and it went everywhere with her. When she moved to Europe, the camera soon followed, but being old and well loved it didn't fare so well and was going to cost too much to fix. Along came the usurper - a small digital camera - just great for touristy snaps for the new travellers.

Then there was the time when I was first introduced to Macs - my first computer that I bought was a Mac Classic II - ah those were the days! Since then I have always had a Mac right up to the time when not long after we entered the UK, my hardy G3, after being dragged half way around the world, gave up the ghost!

So, for the last four years I have been without a SLR and a Mac...

Now, suddenly, here I am, a gorgeous Canon 400D Digital SLR and my MacBook - how tooled up can a girl be - my life is starting to feel complete again (that's in terms of toys and material gain - I am already more than wealthy with the love of a wonderful husband, families and friends).

I have a camera and laptop - the world is my oyster again!

This is now the start of a new journey, a new story...experimenting with the camera, mucking around on the Mac and at least enjoying my life outside of work!

So first efforts...... some ivy on a wall just around the corner from our house.



If anybody gets around to reading this and has an interest, I will welcome any and all comments.

B

No comments: